Wednesday, February 16, 2011

$6.50, TOTAL $159 (w/Tyndale matching = $318.00) = 1245 meals to FeedMyStarvingChildren

I really really want to go to Jimmy Johns and Starbucks today for lunch. But I'm holding back (living with less). After eating badly this last weekend, I should be ok with that.

So, instead I've got leftovers which I just finished and weren't that filling. Maybe I'll have some oatmeal later. Part of the reason I want Starbucks today is I'm still reading that Spurgeon book, and I just love reading at Starbucks. Maybe I'll indulge myself one day next week (hmm, we'll see, maybe I shouldn't). And I've been sick, so haven't been working out during lunch to distract me from my Starbucks desire.

Of course, this blog should be reminding me of the big scheme of things. And how I have nothing to complain about. I've got it so good, and am very blessed. So yes, I will focus on that! And I'll focus on how this $6.50 will equal 25 meals for Feed My Starving Children. Man that seems unreal. I'm glad I added that up again to see the affect one Jimmy Johns and Starbucks visit can have! Oh, and I forgot, add 25 meals times 2, since Tyndale donates. So it's 50 meals for Feed My Starving Children because of my staying at work and eating cheap leftovers instead of going out. Wow, now THAT seems unreal.

Here's the equation again:

$1 donated to FeedMyStarvingChildren=4 meals (3.917 to be exact) To get the total number of meals that will go to Feed My Starving Children take the dollar amount times 3.917. $100 equals 391 meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment