Friday, February 4, 2011

$3, TOTAL $142.5 (w/Tyndale matching = $285.00) = 1116 meals

CLOSE CALL

I was so tired on my way home from work last night, and was thinking of all the things I needed to get done. So I thought, I'll just get one little McDonald's coffee, what's the harm in that. And since I was also very hungry I figured I'd get one little McDonald's fries. So I pull over into the drive thru, and was getting into line. And I prayed "God I want to do your will, but I really need this" (nice prayer, I know), and I felt Him say back "Jen, this isn't my will". So I pulled out of the drive thru and back onto the street. Once I was out of there I felt much better, and was happy I didn't do it. But man, on the way to McDonalds, thinking about that coffee and warm fries, I couldn't imagine myself NOT getting them. So, $3 to Feed My Starving Children, instead of to something I don't need.

One more story. Last night I had a dream I was shopping. I don't think I've ever had a shopping dream. And I was at the Gap (which I don't really like that much, everything falls apart that I've gotten there the last few times, which I admit, was several years ago so maybe it's improved). So, I'm happily shopping (in my dream) and pick out all these really cute clothes that fit so nicely, and I also picked out two pairs of shoes that were awesome and I thought could go with lots of different outfits. Then I get to the counter and remember my new year's resolution and Feed My Starving Children. I struggled with what to do. Finally, I decided not to buy the stuff. But I woke up wanting to go shopping.

That was one of the clearest dreams I've had in a while. I do not need to go shopping. My clothes are fine. I could go to Goodwill if I really wanted to.

alright, on with my day. It's a quarter tell 7am and Jonas is starting to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment