Wednesday, January 19, 2011

boots

I'd like some new (or new to me) dress boots. I've had a pair of brown boots for 10 years, which I love, but they're falling apart completely. Last year they were pretty bad, but wearable, this year, they're done for. I think I'll be going to Goodwill this weekend to see if it's possible to find a similar pair. If not, then I'll go without, I've got other shoes. (shopping with Jonas can be hard though, I've got to go fast before he starts screaming).
    I feel like God's really working in my life this last year. I don't desire new things and clothes like I used to, it doesn't seem important. Don't get me wrong, I've got a long way to go, but I'm happy that I'm being worked on and improving.
    However, it wasn't so much things that I would buy last year, it was more of food "Jimmy Johns" and "Starbucks". Man, that really adds up. However, Jason and I rarely go out to eat at nicer restaurants, rarely go to movies (maybe twice a year), and haven't been on a vacation in 3 or 4 years. So most of this blog will be savings from, that's right, "Jimmy Johns" and "Starbucks". I'm thinking the workers there are probably wondering where their most popular customer went.

No comments:

Post a Comment