Thursday, April 14, 2011

$6.50

I'm going to be helping out at Habitat for Humanity today, so I definitely won't be at Starbucks and I'm bringing a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.

I've got to be honest, I signed up to help because they were desperate. They had 4 people signed up and needed 10. Over lunch I felt maybe God was whispering that I should help. But I had excuses, I have a lot of work to do and it's more comfortable working at my desk then getting out of my comfort zone to do manual labor (ugh, manual labor). But I knew if I didn't listen I'd regret it. So I asked Katie (work friend) if she'd be interested in helping too, and she said she'd been thinking about signing up. It's nice knowing I'll be there with her.

Perhaps I'll learn something new. Last time I helped put siding on a house (about 2 years ago), and we had to climb on scaffolding, it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment