Wednesday, April 20, 2011

$5

I did it again, went to Starbucks that is. However, I brought my lunch, so no Jimmy Johns. And my drink was under $2. I know, all excuses.

On another note, I've got a good quote from the book I'm reading "Forgotten God" by Fancis Chan
pg 83-84: "Recently, a man dying of cancer asked the church elders to anoint him with oil and pray for his healing. Before we prayed, however, I asked the man a question I don't normally ask: "Why do you want to be healed? Why do you want to stay on this earth?" The man, as well as everyone else around, seemed a bit surprised that I would ask such a blunt question.
    The reason I probed like this is because in the epistle of James, we are reminded that we often don't receive the answers to our prayers because we ask for the wrong reasons: "You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions" (James 4:3). Our desire to live should be for the sake and glory of the God who put us on this earth in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment