Tuesday, March 29, 2011

$5

I brought lunch. And had a coupon for a free starbucks today. Didn't enjoy it that much though. I was reading in Starbucks and I was freezing (I must admit I got a cold drink). But I did enjoy the book. see below:

Managing God's Money - Randy Alcorn. pg 3-4
"First, we should come to grips with reality–even when we imagine we have little money, we have far more than we realize. Many who say, "I have nothing to give," spend large amounts of discretionary income on cars, clothes, coffee, entertainment, phones, computers, and so on. They have nothing to give when they're done spending, precisely because they're never done spending. Then when they run out of money, they think it's because they didn't have enough.
  In Luke 16 "If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones."
The issue is not what I would do with a million dollars if I had it, but what I am doing with the hundred thousand, ten thousand, or ten dollars I do have. If we are not faithful with what God has already entrusted to us, why should he trust us with any more?"
  This thought raises a sobering question: What opportunities are we missing, or will we one day miss, because we've failed to use money wisely in light of eternity?"

1 comment: