Sunday, November 4, 2012

Book Club - continued

we finally had our first book club. Well, technically our second, no on was able to make it to the first one except for my sister and I. But, this month, we had 2 other ladies and it was wonderful. We discussed "Radical" by David Platt and they both said it really opened up their eyes. They are both long time Christians and it sounded like this was just what they wanted/needed to hear.

Our next meeting is in only 3 weeks and we will be discussing the first 3 chapters of "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" by Jim Cymbala. That's another book I read a couple of years ago, which was very inspiring.

I'm so encouraged by the conversations we had on saturday. And so glad I obeyed God's continual nudging to start this book club. I ended up handing out 150 flyers, got about 7 responses. And 4 people came, including my sister and I.  But a couple others sound very interested, just couldn't make it last time.

We also talked about being a "missional community" in our neighborhood. Perhaps collecting cans of food for the food pantry and getting to know the neighbors a little that way. And asking, what else can we do in the neighborhood. Perhaps there are shut-ins who need help. etc.

very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment